Beef stroganoff has long been a favorite entrée when the weather starts to turn chilly. This version takes things up a notch by adding ultra-rich cream and a garnish of fresh parsley. Cooking the beef and sauce in a slow cooker makes it ultra-easy to prepare. Pairs well with syrah and hefeweizen.
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 6 hr. 30 min.
Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Kroger Beef Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ lbs. beef round, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz. large egg noodles
- 1 cup Kroger Sour Cream (not nonfat)
- ½ cup cream
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, stir together broth, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour broth mixture over. Cover; cook 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Cook and drain noodles according to package directions; hold warm.
- Meanwhile, stir sour cream and cream into beef mixture in slow cooker. Remove about ½ cup liquid to a small bowl; cool slightly. Whisk cornstarch into cooled liquid until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture into beef mixture. Cook 5-10 minutes on low until sauce starts to thicken. Serve over noodles on large platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 410, Calories from Fat 190, Total Fat 22g (34% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 650mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates 23g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 30g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.