These fun volcanoes bring new life to traditional sweet potatoes.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 9 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 can (29 oz.) syrup-packed sweet potatoes, drained
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 9 miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; trace nine 2½” circles onto parchment paper; turn paper over onto baking sheet.
- In large bowl, mash all ingredients except marshmallows with potato masher or on low speed of mixer until smooth.
- Place sweet potato mixture in large resealable bag; tie off bag with a twist tie so that it resembles a triangular piping bag. Hold bag at top with one hand and cut ¾” off bottom of bag with scissors using the other hand.
- Squeeze sweet potato mixture into 2½” circles. Continue squeezing and tapering sweet potato mound until it is about 2” high. Repeat to form 9 volcanoes.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Push marshmallow gently into top of volcano. Return to oven and bake 3 to 4 minutes longer or until marshmallows brown and begin to melt.
- Let stand a few minutes before transferring to serving plate (Use a thin, flat server to lift them from baking sheet to serving plate to dinner plate).
Per serving: Calories 170, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 105mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 29g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 170%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.