Throw a summer season party for friends and family and have whole array of toppings so everybody can enjoy this taco feast!
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 9 hrs. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1½ lbs. pork shoulder, bone in, fat removed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 taco shells (from a 4.7-ounce box)
- ½ cup guacamole
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup store-bought taco salsa
- Shredded cheese, if desired
- In 4 quart slow cooker, place onion and celery. Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper and place on top of vegetables. Add beef broth. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours, until meat is fork tender.
- Place pork shoulder in large bowl and shred by pulling pork apart using two forks; remove any large pieces of fat and bone.
- To assemble bar: arrange flour tortillas and taco shells next to pulled pork on platter; place guacamole, cilantro, tomato, sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa and cheese (if desired) in small dishes next to the pork.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 380, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 13g (20% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 980mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates 41g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 24g, Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.