Glazed toasted almonds add crunch and a nutty flavor to this colorful spring salad. If you prefer, you can purchase packages of glazed almonds from the produce department.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/3 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 5 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 6 oz. ready-to-use baby spinach leaves
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In small nonstick skillet, combine almonds and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until sugar melts and coats the almonds and almonds are golden brown, stirring frequently. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- In small bowl, beat vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and mustard with wire whisk until blended. Whisk in oil until thick and well blended. Stir in poppy seed.
- In large shallow bowl, toss spinach with dressing. Top with raspberries, green onions and almonds. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.