Prepare a simple, gooey dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Pair this chocolate-y treat with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries for a sweet twist.
Hands-on Time: 15 min.| Total Time: 2 hrs. 45 min.| Serves: 10 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 3¼ cup milk, divided
- ½ cup Kroger™ Pure Coconut Oil, slightly melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 package (3.56 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Private Selection™ Milk Chocolate Chips
- Spray the liner of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1¼ cups of milk, coconut oil and the eggs. Beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes, then on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the batter is glossy.
- Pour into the lined slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix, 2 cups of milk and beat until the pudding thickens.
- Pour the pudding over the cake batter; do not stir.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top; do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 2½ hours, until the top of the cake is set.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 550, Calories from Fat 270, Total Fat 31g (48% DV), Saturated Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates 67g (22% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 46g, Protein 9g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%.