Bacon and eggs don’t need to be reserved for weekends only. Prep some savory breakfast hand pies in advance and store in the freezer and reheat for a warm and wholesome weekday breakfast. Change up fillings as you like using sausage, sautéed mushrooms and peppers, or tofu.
Prep Time: 35 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 60 min.
Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (15 oz.) Simple Truth™ Unroll & Bake Pie Crusts
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 6 Simple Truth™ Cage Free Large Eggs, beaten with 1 tbsp. water
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 4 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Finely Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat the butter or olive oil in a non-stick pan and pour in all but 1 tablespoon of the beaten eggs. The reserved egg will be used the egg-wash the hand pies. Cook the eggs over medium heat, stirring gently to scramble the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the bacon and spinach to the warm eggs and cover for a minute or two to wilt the spinach. Stir in the cheese.
- Roll out the pie crusts and cut each into 6 triangles. Divide the filling among 6 of the triangles, brush edges with egg wash and top with the remaining 6 pastry triangles. Seal edges with a fork and brush with egg wash and place hand pies on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy warm. If you are making these in advance to freeze, be sure to cool them sufficiently before wrapping and freezing. Reheat in the microwave or in the toaster oven.
Per serving: Calories 410, Calories from Fat 250, Total Fat 28g (43% DV), Saturated Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 0g, Protein 15g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.