Caramelized sweet potatoes and savory sausage topped with eggs is everything a fall breakfast should be.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 4-6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. bulk ground sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook sausage, breaking apart, until browned and cook through; remove from pan leaving drippings.
- Add onion, red pepper, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until potatoes are cooked and slightly browned about 10-12 minutes. Return sausage to the pan; stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste. Break eggs evenly over the surface of the hash. Cover and cook about 4 minutes or until eggs are desired doneness. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Try making the hash with different kinds of sausage to change the flavor – breakfast sausage, hot or mild Italian or chorizo.
*For 4 servings
Per serving: Calories 560, Calories from Fat 330, Total Fat 38g (58% DV), Saturated Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 350mg (117% DV), Sodium 1870mg (78% DV), Carbohydrates 26g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 8g, Protein 32g, Vitamin A 270%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.