Quick to prepare, this healthy side dish is sure to be a hit!
Hands-on Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1¼ lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and ‘shaved’ or sliced thin, about 7 cups
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- ¼ - ½ tsp. hot pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. When oven is hot, drizzle a large sheet tray with olive oil and place in the oven to heat it. Heat pan 5 minutes. Toss the shaved Brussels sprouts onto the hot pan, and scatter garlic, pepper flakes, and salt evenly over the sprouts and return the pan to the oven.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts until just beginning to brown, about 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking time.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with lemon zest and juice squeezed from 4 of the lemon wedges. Serve the Brussels sprouts with remaining lemon wedges on the side. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 100, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates 9g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.