Slow cooking doesn’t have to take all day. When cooking on high, chicken breasts cook rather quickly. Just check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
Hands-on Time: 15 min | Total Time: 3 hours | Serves: 5 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (20 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 5 hamburger buns
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 5 tomato slices
- 5 Tbsp. guacamole
- In slow cooker, place chicken breasts, onion, broth and chili powder. Cover and cook on High 1½-2½ hours or Low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; drain and reserve liquid.
- Cool chicken slightly. With 2 forks, shred chicken; return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and 2-3 tablespoons reserved juice to make chicken juicy.
- Line bottom of buns with lettuce leaves. Divide chicken among hamburger buns. Top with tomato, guacamole and top of buns.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 440, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 980mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates 59g (20% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 17g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%.