This classic combination of hearty beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery makes for a crowd-pleasing dinner that’s just as delicious as leftovers the next day!
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1½” chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 lbs. stew beef
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Italian flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the meat on top, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour. Combine the beef broth and tomato sauce; pour over all. Cover and cook on LOW for about 8 hours or 4 hours on HIGH.