Created by: Jessica Williams, Butter With A Side of Bread
Just a handful of ingredients yields the most delicious homemade chocolate truffles ever. Smooth, creamy and perfectly sweet, your sweetheart will swoon over these tasty little treats. Add a festive touch with a contrasting chocolate and colorful Valentine’s Day sprinkles on top!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2⅔ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 2½ cups total dark and white chocolate bark, or dipping chocolate discs
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in cream and stir. Heat until mixture just barely comes to a boil. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate chips. Whisk gently, combining the chocolate with the butter-cream mixture until it’s smooth.
- Stir in almond extract. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for several hours until solid.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out small balls of chocolate from the chilled container. Use your hands to shape the balls into smoother rounds and place on a wax paper-lined pan. Repeat until all chocolate is used. Place pan of truffles in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 cup of each kind of dipping chocolate in a glass bowl until melted and smooth. Dip truffles one at a time using a fork, then place on wax paper to cool.
- Melt remaining chocolate and transfer to small baggies. Cut a corner to drizzle chocolate on truffles, then top them with Valentine's sprinkles.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the fridge. Let sit out for 10-15 minutes before serving, if desired.