Created by: Ashley Torres, Pursuit of Shoes
Springtime is here, and that means there are a lot of delicious and fresh veggies to go around. Try switching up your traditional green salad with pasta this season – you'll be surprised at what a little fusilli can do.
- 10 oz. fusilli pasta
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Remove from the heat, drain and place in a bowl to cool.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl: olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When your pasta has cooled down completely, add the arugula, tomatoes, capers and basil. Keep cold until ready to serve.
- Drizzle your dressing over the pasta until it's coated.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Sprinkle the salad with Parmesan cheese for the final touch.
- Bon appétit!
It’s a great salad to share with guests or to serve your family. It’s quick, it tastes great and it can last in the fridge for up to two days. Enjoy!