Move over boring salads, this hearty combination of whole grain, apples, grapes and walnuts makes for a crave-worthy meal.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Combine bulgur and water in a bowl; soak for 1 hour. Drain excess water if any.
- Combine bulgur and remaining ingredients in a bowl, tossing to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Try making the hash with different kinds of sausage to change the flavor – breakfast sausage, hot or mild Italian or chorizo.
Per serving: Calories 240, Calories from Fat 140, Total Fat 16g (25% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates 22g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 6g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.