This easy to make double chocolate oatmeal cookie with a special crunch from crisp rice cereal will become a favorite any time of year.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 18 cookies | Difficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line with parchment paper two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add chocolate, vanilla and egg; blend well to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, cereal and chocolate chips to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to drop mix onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Per serving: Calories 370, Calories from Fat 130, Total Fat 15g (23% DV), Saturated Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 300mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates 58g (19% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 28g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 60%.