Classic French composed salad gets a bit of a spring makeover.
Prep Time: 25 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Medium
- ½ cup olive oil plus 1 Tbsp., divided
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. Kroger® Minced Garlic
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper plus ½ tsp., divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 12 oz. petite potatoes
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup niçoise or Kalamata olives
- 1 lb. wild caught tuna steak
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- In a mason jar combine vinaigrette ingredients; screw on lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Bring a 3 quart pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus, cook 1-2 minutes, until tender crisp. Remove; place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Add potatoes to water, cook 15-18 minutes until tender. Cool in ice bath. When vegetables are cool remove and pat dry.
- When ready to eat divide lettuce, asparagus, potatoes, eggs, tomatoes and olives between serving plates.
- Season tuna steak with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium high heat; add tuna. Sear 2-3 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Slice tuna and add to salads. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: The vegetables can be prepared up to 1 day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. The vinaigrette can be prepared up to 5 days ahead and stored refrigerated, whisk to combine before using. Sear the tuna just before serving.
Per serving: Calories 610, Calories from Fat 350, Total Fat 39g (60% DV), Saturated Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 230mg (77% DV), Sodium 1070mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates 24g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 6g, Protein 38g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 8%, Iron 30%.