Why toss the wine corks when you can instead transform them into adorable miniature planters, complete with live greenery? Making these cute refrigerator magnets is simple and quick and you likely have most of what you need on hand already.
Things You'll Need:
- Craft knife or other small, sharp knife
- Wine corks
- Hot glue gun
- Small craft magnets
- Potting soil (just a small amount)
- Succulent plants cuttings (These plants thrive in low-moisture conditions; examples include Jade and Aloe Vera.)
- Using knife, gently cut ½” circle out of bottom of cork; dig down about one-half of the way to the other end, hollowing out room for plant and a small amount of soil.
- Glue magnet to what will be the back end of the cork “planter”; let dry.
- Fill cork holes with just enough soil to reach the top. Stick one succulent plant in the hole; gently pack the soil down to support the succulent cutting.
- Attach magnet to your refrigerator and enjoy your new indoor plants! Spritzing the soil with water every few days or so will help the plants root and grow, eventually giving you a cutting to plant in a larger pot.